If we talk about one of the biggest revolutions that technology has had, then telephones are one of them. Not only then increased the efficiency of communication, but also led to the development. It aides the growth of industry and thus became an integral part of the industrial revolution. Though the basic purpose of using a telephone is communication it varies on the basis of requirements for use. Taking the diverse requirements of the telephones modern day telephones are designed and manufactured. Especially there are telephones which are specifically manufactured to meet the necessities of hazardous industrial condition. These phones are designed to deal with hostile conditions.
However, prepared to deal with an emergency condition, these emergency telephones are also placed in palaces that are vulnerable towards any danger, with an aim to provide the facility to make a call to the emergency services. With the telephone core components, the telephone peripheral accessories enhance the user experience of the phone. If you are wondering about telephone peripheral accessories and telephone core components, beneath discussion will help you to get a clear view regarding these products.
As mentioned to enhance the accessibility of the functionality of these phones the telephone peripheral accessories are developed. Standalone booth, Acoustic insulation, emergency telephone pillar are a few examples of telephone peripheral accessories
• Standalone booth
These are reminiscent of the PhoneBox that you could conventionally spot around, these are perfect for those wanting privacy and stay away from the hustle-bustle of the office. These multifaceted booths can also be used as a standing workstation, or you can also use this place to make phone calls. These fancy booths usually come with noise reduction door, and the booth often comes with an inbuilt induction lamp. Standalone booths are vigorous metal creation that comes with different color options, and the size of the booth can be customized. One such example of this ultra-modern unit is the JR-TH-03 manufactured by J&R Technology Pvt. Ltd. It comes with a noise reduction feature, which makes it a perfect spot to get away from the hustle bustle of the office.
Some of the advantages of the standalone booth:
1. Cuts down the noise level, thus offering a private space
2. Overhead roof and side panels further enhance the privacy
3. Available in different colors, thus complementing the look of your contemporary office.
• Acoustic insulation
Soundproofing is important to ensure that you are not disturbed with the sound outside your area of work . This kind of insulation is effective in reducing the noise JR-TH-04, JR-TH-02 are two examples of acoustic insulation. These two telephone peripheral accessories enable to reduce noise up to 15dB. JR-TH-01 is another example of acoustic insulation that can reduce noise up to 23dB. In addition, this product is defiant to mildew and rot. It is also encompassed of the fire retardant class “0” rating which makes it suitable telephone peripheral accessories for emergency telephones
• Emergency Telephone Pillar
Emergency Telephone Pillar is designed ensuring high resistance against vandalism that there is no interruption in the communication process. These are usually mounted in places like highway, company and high-risk area. Some of these also come with an emergency push button system so that you can easily access it in times of need. Emergency roadside telephone aimed for highway, campus high-risk area. one button push to talk. Usually, these emergency Telephone pillars are robust construction, secure, durable and waterproof. These are usually prepared with steel or galvanized steel Emergency Telephone Pillars are primarily for outdoor use. This material offers resistance to vandalism and other environmental attacks thus ensuring the sturdiness of the emergency telephone pillars. JR-TP-01 is an example of an Emergency Telephone Pillar that is manufactured with galvanized steel and if customers need the manufactures enables them to attain the pillar made of steel. JR-TP-03 is another example of a telephone peripheral accessories emergency telephone pillar with a sleek design that is prepared for the control of auxiliary circuits and it can be fixed on the floor.
With the passage of time, the telephone has undergone so many technological advancements. Nowadays the telephones have become smart and can perform much more functions than just dialing a number. However, with so much advancement in the technology the basic components of the telephone or the telephone core components have remained the same. The basic working components of a telephone include a power source, switch, dialer, transmitter, receiver, ringer, and anti-sidetone circuit. All these telephone core components have some specific role which enables us to successfully establish a connection and transmit. Let’s have a look at these components and how they function.
1. Power Source: the earliest version of the telephone was operated via batteries, however, with the development of electric current in 1890, it has become of the major power source of telephones. This was supplied through two-wire system called as a local loop, but the cordless phones continue to work on batteries.
2. Switch hook: This acts as a medium of connectivity between telephone and local loop. When the receiver is hung the switch gets disconnected from the local loop thus the circuit breaks and the transmission ends. The switch hook is still present in the telephone instrument but it the metal contact has been replaced by transistors.
3. Dialler: As evident from the name, the dialler is used to dial the number, its pattern varied, like we had the rotary dialer and the push button system. The circular dialler was one of the earliest forms. It consists of a set of numbers from 0 – 9. Through dialer, we enter the number of the telephone to which we want to connect. The signals that are generated when we enter a number in the dialer activate switches in the local exchange office which establishes a connection to the dialed telephone number.
4. Transmitter: A transmitter is a small microphone installed in the mouthpiece of the telephone receiver. The main function of a transmitter is to covert the sound coming into the mouthpiece into electrical energy so that it can be transmitted through the line. As compared to the transmitters that were used earlier, the modern ones have plastic to spate conductive metal coating, while ,the conventional ones made use of carbon. The job of the plastic is to separate the conductive metallic coating from the electrode and maintain an electric field between the electrode and the conductive metallic coating. The vibration caused by the sound causes a fluctuation in the electric field which leads to variation in voltage. These voltages are then amplified and transmitted over the line.
5. Receiver: A function of the receiver is opposite to the transmitter. Its function is to convert the electric current coming through the line to sound waves. It functions as a speaker. It basically consists of two parts:
Permanent magnet- it has pole pieces which are woven with coils of fine wire.
Diaphragm- It is operated by magnetic material which is supported near the pole pieces.
The speech current passes through the coil varies the attraction of the magnet for the diaphragm thus producing sound waves.
6. Ringer: The job of a ringer is to alert the user about an incoming call by producing an audible ring. There are two types of ringer – mechanical and electronic. Both types are activated by 20 hertz and 75 Volt alternating current which is generated by the switching office. A pause of 4 seconds separates the pulse.
7. Anti-sidetone circuit – It is one of the most important telephone core components. The anti-sidetone circuit consists of
Their function is to reduce the sound of the speaker and cut noise so that the speaker is able to speak and hear properly. The anti-sidetone circuit performs this function by interjecting a transformer between the receiver circuit and transmitter circuit and dividing the transmitter signals into two paths. When signals reach the transformer from these two separate lines they cancel each other.
Be it any modern telephone, the telephone core components remains the same. Without these seven telephone core components, a telephone will never work.
What we have to offer?
J&R Technologies is known for its world standard and custom telephone solutions. The company is known to provide innovated high-quality telephone technology for all type of private, public business, industrial applications. Some of the high-quality telephone peripheral accessories manufactured under the umbrella of J &R Technology Pvt. Ltd. are emergency telephone pillar, emergency telephone pillar with solar panel, acoustic insulation and standalone booth.